Due to Covid-19 all services and classes have gone virtual
The year was 1732 and the residents of what was know then as Wolver Hollow decided they wanted a church and so the Brookville Church was born. The earliest documents are all written in Dutch, the language of most of the European settlers of that time. The building has been repaired and replaced over the years but still retains its colonial-era charm.
Fast forward almost 300 years to 2013 to the dedication of a sign that celebrates the union of four different faith communities who share the same buildings; three religious groups: a Christian church, a Jewish synagogue and a Muslim study & prayer group, as well as an interfaith group who honors the Jewish and Christian heritages of each parent as they educate their children in both faiths. This has become a dual-faith home for Jewish and Christian households who are able to worship freely at the church and synagogue, which share the same sacred space.
While maintaining their individual identities, these progressive faith groups, have coalesced into one organization known as the Brookville Multifaith Campus. The campus became its own non-profit organization in 2020.
Each faith community continues to honor its own traditions in worship, prayer, and religious holidays, but also shares many activities, such as interfaith life cycle ceremonies and occasional combined worship celebrations. This provides the recipe for multifaith and cross-cultural friendships to develop like nowhere else!